Bernhard Y. Renard
- I am professor for Data Analytics and Computational Statistics at Hasso-Plattner-Institut and the Digital Engineering Faculty of the University of Potsdam. I am further Professor at the department of mathematics and computer science at Freie Universitaet Berlin and faculty at the International Max Planck Research School on Biology and Computing in Berlin.
- Previously, I was director and professor at Robert Koch Institute in Berlin, Germany, where I built up the Bioinformatics unit and the department for methods development and research infrastructure.
- Earlier, I was a research scientist with the Computational Medicine Unit at TRON, the Institute for Translational Oncology and Immunology, and Biontech, Mainz.
- Even earlier, I got my PhD at HCI, University of Heidelberg, and was a long term visitor with the Steen & Steen lab at Children's Hospital Boston/Harvard Medical School and the Seminar for Statistics at ETH Zurich.
- Before that, I studied Information Engineering, Statistics, and Applied Cultural Sciences in Karlsruhe, Columbus and Heidelberg and obtained a BSc and Diplom (MSc) degree from the University of Karlsruhe and as a Fulbright-scholar a MSc degree from The Ohio State University.
- Email: bernhard.renard AT hpi.de, Mail: HPI, Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2 - 3, 14482 Potsdam, Germany, Phone: +49 331 5509-4960